Geothermal Heating and Cooling
- Fireplace Shoppe
Indoor Air Quality
- HomeSavers Club
Ductless HVAC Systems in Warsaw, IN
When most people think of air conditioning and heating systems in homes, they imagine a network of ducts carrying the conditioned air to the different rooms. The ductwork branches out through the walls and floors, sometimes moving through the attic as well. Although this is an accurate picture of the ventilation system in most homes, there is also the option for a heating and cooling system that doesn’t use ducts at all: a ductless mini split heat pump.
Mini splits are immensely popular in Europe and Japan, where they are the dominant way of providing comfort for new homes and commercial buildings. They’ve started to become common in the U.S. as well, and there are many reasons to consider having a ductless system installed in your house. To find out more about ductless air conditioning and heating throughout the Warsaw, IN area, or to arrange for service for your current system, call on the HVAC professionals at Collier's Heating & Air Conditioning.
Your Satisfaction with every job.
The installation was done with the utmost professionalism and respect for the home. Our air conditioner is working great and exactly what we wanted.
- Marvin, South Whitley
Very professional. Made a difficult situation much easier!
- Dave, Syracuse
I couldn't have had better service in the repairing of my fireplace! Thank you!
- Patricia, North Manchester
How Does a Ductless Mini Split Work?
A ductless mini split is a type of heat pump that doesn’t operate through a single set of indoor and outdoor units (a.k.a. a standard split system). Instead, it uses one outdoor unit that then connects to a series of mini–air handlers mounted on the walls or ceilings in rooms around the house. Instead of having one indoor unit to send heated or cooled air into ducts, these separate air handlers blow the air straight into the living spaces. Each air handler contains its own refrigerant coil and blower, and connects through the back wall or ceiling to the outside unit with a refrigerant and power line.
Advantages of Ductless Heating and Air Conditioning
Why consider a ductless mini split heat pump for your home, rather than rely on the tried–and–true? There are some major benefits of ductless systems that might be just right for your house:
- Space–saving: Going with a ductless system is an ideal choice for new home construction and remodeling because it takes space–eating ducts out of the equation. You’ll free up space and enjoy greater design flexibility.
- Energy efficiency: Ducts are a major source of heat gain and heat loss in an HVAC system. Without ductwork, the system will work with increased energy efficiency. Ductless systems also contain smaller mechanical parts, such as motors, that consume less power.
- Zone control: Each air handler in a ductless air conditioning and heating system can be run independently of the others. You only need to heat and cool the rooms that require comfort control, which is convenient and another way you’ll save on energy.
- Improved air quality: Ducts are a major source of contaminants entering the air in a house. A ductless system provides much cleaner air, which is helpful if there are people with allergies or asthma in your house.
Full Service for Ductless Air Conditioning and Heating
Ductless systems are easier to install than conventional central air conditioners and heat pumps. But that doesn’t mean you should try to do the work on your own, nor should you hire amateurs for the job. Our HVAC professionals at Collier's Heating & Air Conditioning will help you find the right system and number of air handlers to see to your comfort needs, and then have the system connected and installed quickly and effectively.
You can also rely on our team when you need to have the system repaired, as well as for semi–annual maintenance inspections and tune–ups. We’ve served Warsaw, IN since 1986.