Contrary to popular belief, fireplaces aren’t just comically large brick tubes that sit there motionless for the extent of their lives. They’re working, sophisticated pieces of architectural equipment that need to be maintained properly, otherwise you could see a lack of comfort and a serious health concern grow in your home.
For starters, the dampers need to operate, the fireplace itself must be clean, it can’t start cracking, and you need to be the one to notice when something is wrong.
Our team can provide fast and effective fireplace repairs in Syracuse, IN. The important aspect of this that we’re trying to talk about in this blog post is that homeowners need to be the ones to call us when something is wrong. Your chimney might not exactly tell you when there’s a problem that needs to be addressed.
So, here are some common fireplace problems we see.
Here’s What Could Be Going Wrong with Your Fireplace
Take a look at some of the pesky symptoms that your fireplace is displaying. Cross-reference those problems with what we talk about here so you can get a better picture as to whether or not you need to call us for repairs.
- It’s dirty and needs to be maintained. This might seem like a problem with the aesthetics of your home, but it’s actually a problem that could impact your fireplace’s ability to provide heat.
- The dampers don’t work. In order for your fireplace to work properly, the dampers need to be able to open and close. It can be dangerous running your fireplace without your dampers working properly, which is why these systems need to be fixed if they’re broken.
- There’s water in the fireplace. Water can build up in your fireplace to the point where it’s causing humidity problems, mold issues, and additional problems in the winter. For example, that water can begin to freeze in the wintertime and cause cracks and holes to open up which is a huge problem for the structure of your fireplace.
- There are animals nesting in it. While this might sound like a problem that can be solved with a broom and some attitude, it’s a lot more complicated than that. Animals could cause hygiene problems with droppings, fur, and other waste, as well as problems with the structure of your fireplace. It’s always a good idea to call for professional help when dealing with this problem.
- It’s inefficient. When you use your fireplace, is it keeping you warm and cozy? Or is it always a hassle, and it never provides the warmth that you want it to? That’s not a good thing and it’s probably an issue with the efficiency of your system. It doesn’t matter what kind of fireplace you have or the size it is, it should be able to keep you warm at a normal rate.
We Can Help with Your Fireplace Issues
Our team can help if you have a problem with your fireplace. Just give us a call and tell us the details!
Call Collier’s Heating & Air Conditioning. Colliers—A company you’ve grown to trust.